In August, September and October 2022, Parcel Force (as part of the Royal Mail Group) will be undergoing strike action. You can see more about this here.
This will affect our domestic UK services with Parcel Force being our chosen courier for this area.
We do apologise in advance for any inconvenience or disruption caused by this.
Despite these strike dates, we do anticipate disruption to collections and deliveries in and around these dates. At the moment we anticipate the following to be the current arrangement for collections and deliveries however this may change without notice.
|26th August||No||No||Strike Day|
|29th August||No||No||Bank Holiday|
|31st August||No||No||Strike Day|
|5th/6th September||Yes||Yes||Normal Service is anticipated|
|8th September||No||No||Strike Day|
|9th September||No||No||Strike Day|
Normal Service is anticipated
Queen Elizabeth II Funeral Bank Holiday
|20th - 28th September||Yes||Yes||
Normal Service is Anticipated
Disruption due to upcoming strike
Disruption due to previous strike days
- We have introduced a temporary service using a different courier for shipments within the UK, this has been introduced at a reduced cost from it's regular price. This is with a next day courier where prohibited items are strictly checked and will be returned to you if included. Please ensure you have not included any prohibited items. This new temporary service will mean that you can book this option if you urgently need a collection.
- Despite these strikes Parcel Force will still be having a skeleton staff which means depots should be open for dropping items off as this is advised on their website.
- There will also be some deliveries on strike days according to Parcel Force. These are typically aimed at parcels sent on special services.
- There is still every possibility that Parcel Force and the CWU reach an agreement for their staff wages, but even if this happens, we still anticipate there to be disruption for the days afterwards
- On the 7th September the CWU announced further strike action on the 30th of September and the 1st of October